I love taking a black and white print and adding a light water-colour wash to accentuate certain areas; it works so well as a technique. The b&w print on pink card, pictured in the photograph above, shows some experimentation I first did and it turned out pretty nice – will be uploading more pieces soon!
I love this time of year when it gets a little colder and rainy, because as much as I love the summer, autumn is my favourite.
I always find autumn to be a time of transition and beginnings in all respects. And with it being a new academic year and my last year of uni too, there’s so much to look forward to.
Super excited for the month ahead:
1. Road trip: London with my sisters to attend a Food Festival. (Food is my favourite thing and I guess this’ll be the perfect place to indulge).
2. Starting university again – studying, books and timetables. I think after a lazy long summer I’m in need of some well needed routine.
3. Homemade ginger cake – its perfect on cold evenings (of course with a generous helping of cream)
4. Sweaters and long scarves, wellingtons and rain coats
5. The crunch of fallen leaves on the pavements, under trees – everywhere!
6. Crisp morning air
7. Long boots and bed time socks – the cosiest!
8. Finally getting started on my dissertation; I’ve been contemplating ideas over the summer and after it all I finally have some direction. (Please pray I make it a success, insha’Allah).
9. Spending the evenings after uni watching Downton Abbey, Mr Selfridge and eating pizza in bed (I hope they’re back on soon).
10. Hot chocolate and ginger biscuits.
Ah! September shall be lovely. ^-^
And so I’ve decided to join The August Break (#augustbreak2013) photo challenge hosted by Susannah Conway and I’ll hopefully be posting a photo a day (or every couple of days) over this month using the prompts below. I’m hoping it’ll be a chance to refresh my blog and spend this month a little more productive than the last in terms of blogging.
Why not join in too!
“Each day, for the whole of August, take a photo and share it on your blog. You can add words if you want — or not. You can use any camera. You could share a series of photos, or miss a day out, or just post on weekends. There are no real rules, basically. This is all about being present and enjoying taking photos just for the hell of it. And perhaps reinvigorating your love for blogging, and/or taking a break from writing.”
Read more about the challenge and all the details of how to take part here.
Also follow me on Instagram @VazeimaFayyaz and check out the #augustbreak2013 tag for ideas.
Happy blogging! =)